Today you are 18 months old! Although this is a big milestone for you, it's a big one for Mommy and Daddy, too! It means we have survived a year and a half of parenthood. Things definitely changed in so many ways 18 months ago, and we wouldn't change that for anything.
Your little personality is coming out full force now. You do the sweetest, cutest little things most of the time, but you also know how to push our buttons...
Sweet, cute things
- Running up to us for hugs.
- When you see Mommy and Daddy kiss, you want a kiss from Mommy and Daddy.
- You love to sit in Mommy's lap.
- You LOVE to read books. I think it might be your favorite thing.
- You love big vehicles. In the car to point and say, "Big bus" or "Big truck."
- You try to sing your ABC's.
- You sing E-I-E-I-O when we sing Old MacDonald Had a Farm. You can't seem to get that last "O" yet.
- You can point to most body parts.
- You make the sound of many animals such as a dog, cow, sheep, owl, fish, snake, and monkey.
- Sometimes you tell us when you poop. Usually it's followed by patting your bottom.
- When you want Mommy to sit down while Daddy feeds you breakfast, you point to the chair and say, "Ma, ma, ma, ma" until I sit down.
- Every morning you go and wake Mommy up by peeking over the edge of the bed and saying, "book, book, book" until I roll over and pick you up. Then we read books until Mommy says, "Ok, it's time to get dressed." This upsets you greatly.
- Ever since Halloween (you were a bear) you have started growling. You whisper it.
- You can say about 50 words.
Not sweet, cute things
- When you don't want to move when we ask you to, if we take your hand, you go limp and throw yourself to the ground and cry.
- Mess with the fireplace cover, then run and try to climb onto the coffee table, then run to kitchen so you can push the chair to the back door so you can climb up and try to unlock the door or play with the light switch, continue to run to everything in the house you are not supposed to mess with back to back to back.
- That's pretty much it, but it's very unnerving.
These are the BEST you have ever taken.. maybe it is the subject matter.. but OH! MY! God! Sweet, funny, adorable.. and so much a boy! I want one of each! Tugs the heart..
GREAT expressions on that cutie's face! Also love the family shot. I do have a question - How exactly does he tell you he pooped? Does he say, "I pooped," before patting his behind?
Those are some really cute pics!! I love the vest he is wearing!! The throwing down on the ground is some bizarre thing they all seemed to be programed with - William did it and now Neil likes to. It gets worse before it gets better! :) I love when Neil just lays flat out face down on the ground... good times!
Great job on this post Mama! Also, love the photos of him, wish we got to spend more time with him.
Great photos - Jackson's so lucky to have these memoirs for when he's older. We're so lucky that you share him with us so we too can enjoy him growing up even though we're over the pond. xxx
Post a Comment